Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tate

Oh Tate! Even as I type this post he is keeping me laughing!  I heard him mumbling and I turned to see him standing, cowboy hat and bandana on, hands folded in prayer while saying, 'thank you for our cowboy food, thank you for our cowboy family, thank you for our horses, Amen.'  Mama, that's a cowboy prayer.
He is one dramatic kid!  He misses NOTHING!  He tells stories like you can't believe!  There's a story about when he and Daddy were goin' huntin and there was a raccoon in the road.  And Daddy got outta the truck and said, "get outta here coon!" and then daddy got his gun and SHOT the raccoon.  (um. no, he did NOT shoot the raccoon. I'm not even sure if Steven got out of the truck. And you must know that that story has grown exponentially since it's original composition.)  Then there's the story about the porcupine that shot his tire out and he had a flat.  They go on and on.  He also likes to tell a story about Drake and the big monster and Drake scratching on the door.  Again.?????  I have no idea.   =)
Tate is all about cowboys and buckin' bulls and riding the sheep in next summers rodeo. Small yay.  I am nervous about that but I suspect we'll need to purchase a small section of the stadium if he does!  ;-)  He has "real" cowboy boots now and real cowboy shirts and jeans AND now if I will just buy him a belt he'll be all set.  In the mean time, he's sportin' the cap gun holster belt to places like church and the store.  But.....his face is clean!!
He is quite helpful in the kitchen and usually is willing to oblige me in helping with Dax and his shoes or backpack when we're getting ready to go somewhere.  He's also doing lots better with Bella and is proud to teach her things and help keep Dax from getting her (a frequent event these last two weeks).  He is still particular in how he wants certain things-like his socks, his shirt sleeves, his covers at night.
Tate is excited about all things hunting.  He likes to save food he doesn't want to eat, or when he is full, for when he goes huntin' with his Daddy.
He also has a couple of friends that he chats about periodically.  Their names are Foofer and Don.  Foofer is from Springdale.  He's 5.  So is Don.  He also has another friend and his name starts with an s, but I can't recall what it is.  It is, after all, a name like Foofer.  He doesn't play with them, he just tells stories about them.  And I have NO idea the origin of any of these fellas.  I just know that he has repeated these names more than once to me and to Steven and he has told Yaddy about them.
He is LOOOOUD!!!!  Both of the boys are, for that matter.  LOUD.  I often wonder where the volume is hidden in those little bodies. = \
He and Dax both are some singing machines!  They have pretend bands - Dax on drums or his own guitar and Tate on guitar.  It's quiet harmonious.  ha-ha.  Seriously though, they do both love to sing and can often be heard singing songs like Deep and Wide.  They also like for me to turn the cd player on.

Tate. In a nut shell.  ALL-BOY!  100% Live!  A FUN kid!!   =D

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Such sweet posts of both your boys! I love posts like those where you can just see in your head every little action. Thanks for visiting the King site too! I'll be reading your blog more to prepare me for how this little boy is going to quickly change our world. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love it! :-)
Elizabeth