Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

BEFORE Christmas....

We spent some time in the kitchen making cookies this year.  So? You may ask to yourself.  Well, I LOVE cooking and doing things in the kitchen and Tate is my ever-trusty little helper.  However, one thing I've never been just super pumped about is making cookies....round ones or shaped ones either.  I find it time consuming and tedious.  And it makes a rather large mess.  I like to cook and clean as I go so that when I'm done I can enjoy the product, not clean up while it cools to room temperature. So. To say that we made SHAPED Christmas Cookies is a BIG DEAL!  It went well.  Tate got a little over zealous a few times in his rolling and his "stamping" of the cookies but all in all, they were a success. =)  And, p.s.  I had fun too!! 

oh, and yes, we wear cowboy attire often these days =)



We were able to be a bit more productive in our cookie baking while Dax took a nap.  He woke up mid-way, but as you can see, he was a somber fella and he just chose to sit on the hot wheels while we finished.
Also, before Christmas, at the first of the month, we had a baby shower for Uncle Josh and Aunt Elizabeth (Steven's brother and his wife).  Their new little girl will arrive in early-mid February and we are all most excited!  Her name is going to be Elise.  LOVE it!  =)  Here are some shots from the shower.  They got lots of nice things and, as usual, she will not be a poorly clothed little girl!








No comments: