Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Funny Stories

Tate keeps us laughing! And Dax is very quick behind him when it comes to being a clown, he's just a bit more of an unsuspecting clown! Here are a just a few:

I was slicing and peeling cantaloupe.  Tate was on the counter watching.  Steven was eating a PB sandwich. Tate asked what I was doing and I told him.  Steven asked him if he wanted to try it.  And added, he should try it, he'd probably like it.  To which Tate replied with one finger up, Daddy, Sorry, Nope. Then after a brief pause, he said, "I gonna tell you somepin'.  I'll try it when I get taller."

Today, to stall during his "rest" time, he came into my bedroom and asked if he could help me. I told him no that he had to go lay down and take a nap.  He replied very matter of factly, "No Mama, I gonna help you for twenty nine minutes. Just twenty nine minutes."

Dax is observing and trying his hand at fits. =\  He is quiet quick to throw himself down or the object in his hand. This morning it was his sippy cup b/c he took a drink and it was empty.  Well he pitched it in my direction accompanied with a screechy sound and I lowered my eyebrows and voice and gave him the
"Mama look" and told him "No, we don't throw our cup."  At which point, he pooches his lip out and it quivers and he has his wrinkled brows and eyes brimming with tears. And yes, he is much more easily affected by a stern word than Tate.  And then, Tate, who has been in the room the whole time, says, "It's ok Daxabug buddy" while Dax goes over to Tate and lays his head on his shoulder as Tate gives him a hug.  Oh, and to complete the dramatic scene, Dax lets out a wah-wah-wah sound...fake cry in other words.
Good grief! =)

Tate is also all about "just one more minute" or "just one more time Mama, OK?"

1 comment:

Rita said...

Too cute! Livi is always telling me "just a second, Mama" or "hang on one second".