Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Birthday Party 2012!!

The boys wanted a four wheeler (Tate) and rhino (Dax) cake this year.  The inspiration was from going to the land with Daddy and Papa so I scanned for ideas to add to the ones I had and we made a Land Cake.  I looked through hooks and hooks of cars and trucks at Wal-Mart looking for a rhino and four wheeler small enough for a cake.  I was super pumped when I found BOTH!  There's a pond on the land where they fish so we made a pond by using blue icing and mixing it ever so slightly with brown to get the dirty effect of a pond.  The tent was camo of course!  I robbed their farm toys for the foliage and Tate said we should have a food plot with the corn.  There's a food plot at the land also.  And I made a camp fire.  This was my favorite part!!  I used stick pretzels for wood, dates and choc covered raisins for the rocks and I used orange and red fruit rollups for the flames.  Add a couple of marshmallows on toothpicks for roasting and Drake the dog, their names in "logs" and you've got the perfect land birthday cake.  Tate helped with the mixing and the placement of the items!  He's my little kitchen helper. :-)


Post-party fun



We had a FANTASTIC day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATE AND DAX!!!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Precious cake! Happy Birthday, Boys!