Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

My "Treasures"

So, if ya know me you're aware of my love for junkin' and antiquin' and all things treasure oriented!!  I've recently found several places that I LOOOOVE to shop and am quickly earning the frequent visitor award (or at least getting mine and Dax's pic on their FB page=)! 
Here are some of the things I've purchased in the last month +/- or so. Everything in the house is currently in 
re-do/re-hang mode thanks to a lovely fresh coat of paint on walls, ceilings and trim!  Hooray!

My distressed captains chair from Cottage Heaven in Siloam Springs. (this was a treasure found on the way back from the first dog training show)    


My flower pot for my peppermint plant!  And I've been searching for a scale for a while. But they are generally WAY to proud of them - and the cooler they are the more $$ they are.  This one was cute and it has red and yellow which fits with my colors and it was also a good price!  I think it's from the late 1940s.  Score! 

My $10 RED chair from True Treasures!!  You MUST go to that store if you've never been!!  I have a HUGE  tiny love of old chairs!  They just yell softly to me....Come over! Sit down, listen to this story from the ol' timers that I have to tell!

I skimmed this before purchasing to see if it had "fruffy" food or if it was really useful.  It's great! However, I do have a bit of an admitted cookbook fetish but I still think it's pretty nifty!  It was $8 at TT (True Treasures).

Still more TT fabulous finds!!  
And here's a few of my new favorites!  My colorful platter. I'm phasing out my current dishes and replacing them with a variety of white dishes, plates, saucers, etc.  However, I am keeping an eye out for fun serving dishes, coffee cups, etc that are pops of color!  You can't see them just super well, but I also found three croc-style (I think they're old-timey shaving cups) containers that I'm using in the boys bathroom.  I found the cool wire basket on a trip to Cen AR.  It was $2!! Oh yeah! And that nifty Quaker can is also a new fantastic storage/decor option!
In addition to the above options, I also have quiet the lovely collection of frames that I'm repainting and planning to use to hang some of my new favorite candid photos! =)
I'm having a superb time growing my collection!  

3 comments:

Rita said...

Love those treasures girl! We are junkin' sisters! I love that white chair and green lamp!! I can't wait to see them in person very soon on our work day. :-) I can't wait for my first visit to TT! You have me super excited!

Anonymous said...

Love it all, so much fun!
Elizabeth

Shonia Hall said...

Love the lamp! And the Myers soap is my favorite!