Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Flooding

I think we have received about 12-14 inches in the last week.  That's not an exaggeration for emphasis.  I don't know exact amounts or time frame but I heard on the weather a few days back a 12 inches number as well as the statement that the amount of rain received so far is equal to the amount normally received in a full Spring.  Needless to say, it's a bit water logged around here.

The back corner of our yard

Looking out our bathroom window at the fence

The area right before the bridge that crosses the Illinois River on Harmon Rd


Right off of Harmon Rd before crossing the bridge going south.


Our neighbors yard, just north of us on Harmon.  They live in the last curve before getting to our house.  The road and their yard are morphed into one.  Welch Lake anyone?!

This is Barrington Rd.  I'm parked in the entrance where the white bull statue is at the pond.  Some people were crossing this area...not me.  

If only pictures had sound.  The roar of the water was intense.  So scary and yet really kind of neat at the same time.  However, scary trumps the neat due to my intense fear of water!!

Steele Rd.  One of the cut thru roads we use to go to Fayetteville.  It was flooded Sunday night as well.  We turned around and came home via 412.  

Scenes in the area.  I can't remember where this was.  We were just driving and taking pictures.

I couldn't keep the window clear long enough to capture a really clear picture.  It had picked up raining at this point.  I wish the lapping water in this little stream could be seen.  There were two old fellas standing on the front porch of a house watching this.  It was most incredible.





See the mini-van??  They apparently missed Drew Michal's and his "Turn around don't drown" warning.  They are being towed by the white truck.  Yet another reason why I do not cross water....regardless.




1 comment:

The Kings said...

Very cool pictures! Glad you all stayed safe.