Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.
Monday, June 28, 2010
THOSE BOYS!
It is true that every day is a chaotic adventure of laughter, screams, fights and fusses, playing and climbing and all together fun times! As Dax gets bigger, it's fun to watch the two interact and play together and it's mildly entertaining to observe Dax aggravate Tate and/or vice-versa. At times they play very well together. The other day, I heard them in their bedroom: Tate was telling Dax, "It's ok Dax, it's just a bear, he not get you, it's ok." They (Tate) were hunting bears (stuffed animals) and he had killed one and was showing Dax.
But other times, Dax "messes up" the cars or the books or whatever else Tate is playing.
They both have a new found LOVE of popcorn and can daily be found enjoying popcorn and a movie at rest time! (means I have to vacuum more often b/c Dax is a travelin' popcorn eater...) And we are BIG! fans of orange pop!! =)
Here are a few stories that have caused us to laugh repeatedly at the two lil' monkeys!
We went to Market Place a few Sundays back and were sitting at a table in the middle. I can't remember if we had our food or were waiting, but all of a sudden Tate says, "Daddy! Look at the little doggie!" Steven turned around to view the little dog only to discover that Tate is pointing at and seeing a woman's hair. hahaha! Steven tried to hush him and remain composed as he told me out of the side of his mouth, "it's that woman's hair over there." HAHAHAHA! It's still funny even as I type it! Tragically, I could see what he saw... Even as we walked out, he was still looking for that "little doggie."
The other morning Tate was perched on his horse watching morning cartoons. I had been digging for something in the junk drawer and the paddle was out. (yes, a slap-back paddle...the ones that have those rubber balls on them.) Dax was playing around and spied AND retrieved the paddle. He then proceeded to make his way over to Tate and "spank" him in the back. It was complete with a "No!" followed by a bunch of Dax jibberish and him shaking his hand/finger at Tate. HAHAHA!! Tate of course was just mortified! He screeched, "MAMA Dax give me a spankin'!!" Then he turned to Dax and YELLS, "Dax YOU NOT the Daddy!!" Dax of course at this time has moved on and doesn't care that Tate is hollering at him, so that made it all the more funny to me!
Poor ol' Dax has received his own share of "spankings" from Tate. =\ That's why he said what he did. I finally told Tate that he couldn't give spankings until HE was a Daddy. So now, the usual convo when one of them gets in trouble is that "I not give spankin's cause I not the daddy." (p.s. Dax doesn't get a paddling at this point in case any of you are gasping in horror!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
HA!!!! Loving the spanking story! Oh and remember when we worked at JCP and the bee hive hair lady!! Seems like lil Tate-a-bug has the keen eye for "animal" look alike hair do's!
I bet your boys had a lot of fun w/ that motorcycle ~ those are cute! The last one of the 2 of them is still my favorite though. : )
Post a Comment