Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

That Boy!


Tate is full of phrases and sayings that he's heard. I find myself laughing on a pretty regular basis these days! Here are a few that he uses rather frequently.
"Shore is" as in sure is. Guess that's what happens when your two year old watches Andy Griffith! I love it!
"Prollay so" - Probably so. Sunday night it was time for bed and Steven told him to find Baby cause it was time to go to bed. Well, Tate has already started with the diversion tactics. He said, 'No, I not go to bed. I'm hungry.' I snickered and repeated in a sing-song voice, 'You ARE? Are you hungry?' To which he replied 'Yep, I'm hungry.' I asked him what he wanted to eat and he replied matter of factly, "A hotdog prollay."
"I TOLD you...." He says this ALL the time - to his plastic animals, to the dogs (I TOLD you, DON'T bother me! I TOLD you get in that pin!). He also says it us.... = Well, Saturday he was saying it and Steven asked me if I said that a lot during the day or something. I thought and really didn't know. I replied that I guessed maybe I did but I didn't know. It wasn't very long after that that Steven was correcting him about something and Tate continued to do whatever it was. At which point, Steven got him and said, "I TOLD you...." I laughed and laughed!!! It was EXACTLY the way Tate says it. I said in between laughter, "It's YOU! Not me! You say that!!"
Last night Steven had a late meeting. One of the fun things Tate likes to do and views as a treat is to watch a movie on our bed. He picked Bambi and we watched it. When it was over I was flipping thru the stations and paused ever so briefly on TBS. One of those tackey adult cartoons was on - like Family Guy or something. I said,"Oope, that's smut." as I turned the tv. Well Tate began to say something to me. Finally after about 3 times I said, What??? And looked at him as he was talking. He said it again. "Mama I WANNA watch punt" I LAUGHED and Laughed!!! He was trying to say smut. All he saw was a cartoon and I called it smut. So he wanted to watch punt. It still makes me chuckle!!
Then after Steven got home, we were all sitting there and he asked again to watch punt. I started laughing cause he was saying it with this big ol' grin. Well as I laughed he laughed and began to copy everything I did. If I put my hand on my face or hair he did too. He is a riot!
He also at times has quiet the response to a spanking thret. He'll look at me and stare dead on and blink his eyes a whole bunch. Or better yet, he'll say "OK. I get a spankin'." Nice. Last night he gave himself a spanking with his buffalo complete with a fake cry. Oh my........
Above picture explanation. He is continually putting on his shoes (hunting boots) without socks. Sometimes they're on the right foot but usually he does it in a hurry and they end up on the wrong feet. The other night he had on his bedtime clothes. His pants were too short, his shirt was a bit too small and he had on his shoes on the wrong feet with the tongue shoved to the toe so you could see his feet. He looked like a little homeless kid! Just pitiful!
We are still casually chatting about going to the big boy potty. He wants to go hunting with Steven pretty much every day all the time! A few weeks back Steven told him that before he could huntin' he had to start going to the big boy potty. So now, anytime he talks about going hunting we remind him in question form what he has too do. He replies, "I go huntin' when I get longer (we've also told him he has to be bigger). And when I go to THE BIG BOY POTTY!!!"
He's also all about the rodeo and buckin' bulls. The last few days he's been asking to go to the rodeo. So, Steven told him that they would go when the rodeo came and that was in July. Then he added that it was after his birthday. So now Tate says, "I go to rodeo after my BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!" Hilarious!
Meanwhile......Dax LOVES LOVES Tate! Tate wrestles with him or pushes him in the walker. Anytime Tate gets close to Dax, Dax screeches with excitement! And when Tate is wrestling him....complete with laying on him, pushing his belly, or laying on his head, Dax is laughing and laughing! Poor kid doesn't know he's at risk for bodily harm! And don't worry...I'm always there keeping things in check!!
Obviously there is NEVER EVER a dull moment in our house and it's most generally full of fun times and lots of Laughs!!!! However........at the end of the day, I'm glad for bedtime!!!! =)

No comments: