Last Sunday afternoon, we headed out for Gulf Shore, AL. We left home about 1:45 p.m. and arrived there right about 2....a.m. We took a dinner break in NLR at Cracker Barrel and on our way out purchased the Duck Dynasty book on audio. We started it with about 6 hours to go in our trip and finished up the last 15 minutes or so on the way home. I must say, it made the last leg of the trip totally workable! The boys were asleep for most of it, but heard the first part and enjoyed it as well. They're a very interesting family! Very much a rags to riches story. We'd both highly recommend it!
The boys were actually GREAT travelers. I was fairly nervous due to their traveling antics when we went to Kansas City a couple of months back. But they did great! I took a scavenger hunt that we did as we drove along. I also was armed with tic tac toe but we never used those. They colored a bit and took a nap and then slept most of the time during the evening (regular bed time) portions of the drives. I'm also very proud to add that they didn't watch movies on the way there at all and on the return home trip they watched one each of their choosing at what would have been winde down/bed time at home. (We traveled tons when we were kids going to and from churches and home for holidays, etc and never had movies so I always think that option is a last resort!) We came home on Friday, leaving about the same time and getting home about the same time. :-O The trip back was ok as well. We drove through MS instead of going through LA. A much prettier and nicer drive. The last leg from Russellville to home was looooong. By the time we got about mid-way on 540N I was starting to be cross-eyed and blurry! I was driving, so not the best combo! :) I told Steven he needed to think of something to talk about. He offered up "who did I want to be president next time," in a joking manner. Anyway, we made it home and were never so glad to see grass and mountains and hay bales! There was NO sand in our bed at home!! Woot-woot!!! :-D
Here's some pictures from the trip. I had 496 on my camera card. I may post a couple of blog posts that have a few more but these are the high points of the week.
Fun week, but nothing like HOME! Glad to be back!!! :-)
![]() |
| Our first morning at the beach. The boys were up by about 6:30-7, ready to head outside! Thankfully, there was coffee for breakfast. |
This plane was HUGE!!! I wish I had a wide angle lens in order to capture its grandeur. I snapped a picture of the info about it so I could recall/retell about its history. Interesting indeed!
And we went on a dolphin cruise and got to see several dolphins!

![]() |
| A min-photo session with Aaron and Brandy before Aaron had to leave the next day |
| Sand castles and tunnels with PaPa |
| Sunset on the first evening :) |
One of the afternoons, Elise was playing in and around the house and she came out in Casey's shoes. They are some tall heels! It was so funny!! She was walking around in them saying "I wear sooes." I was impressed in her ability to put them on, stand, and then WALK!
The boys and Steven made this giant masterpiece as Tate called it. I think they even had a crab trap in there somewhere. :)
| Sunset on the last evening |
![]() |
| On our way home before we reached Greenville, MS, there was a thunderstorm. The sunset and the clouds were billowy and so pretty! My pictures don't capture it really! |

| And, that's a rap folks. Our week at the beach in a quick review! |









2 comments:
I know you all had a wonderful time!
Love all the pictures! We are counting down the days until we go! Great fun!
Post a Comment