Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The days after the surgery



Dax has the current obsession with shoes.  All shoes.  His. Mine. Steven's. Tate's (much to his loud disapproval!).  He's pretty good at walking in them usually.  Sometimes it's flip-flops and he usually manages to get his toes in the right place. Other times it's just one shoe.  Just depends on the shoe and how long it takes to get it on AND if he can find two! =)

Daddy's shoes

check out the concentration as he tries to walk in those big ol' shoes

um....backwards

Fast asleep.  When he would cooperate and take his medicine he actually rested very well.  However, cooperation and medicine were not usually linked during the post-op days.  He did fine the first few days but by Sunday afternoon he had discovered that the tylenol with codene was not his favorite.  I also tasted it on Monday...not of my choice but rather as a result of him spewing it out as I tried to give it too him. =X  It did have a strange numbing bitterish taste but was mildly tolerable.  And it made a huge difference!  It actually hyped him a bit so for about an hour after taking it, he was "normal" Tate.  However, as I said, that was short lived.  Monday was horrid, awful, throw in the towel. Tuesday was equally as grand.  Monday our neighbor Ms. Paul came to the rescue and he drank for her and took the medicine too.  Arg. Then Steven came home and he drank some more.  All of this was great considering I had already spoken with Dr. M himself and had Tate not cooperated rather quickly we were headed back to the er for iv fluids and meds.  Needless to say, it was a looong few days. 

Aunt Brandy brought a special surprise treat for Tate in hopes to help coax him into drinking as well as taking his meds.  At this point, I had given up on the tylenol with codene and had asked her to bring some reg children's tylenol that I knew he would take.

Everyone can benefit from a cupcake!! Tonsillectomy or not!

Dax's latest stunt.  He can now stand up in his highchair and does so when he's finished or when you take too long to get him his food options. =)

Say What?? Notice the shoe
A TOWER! He built it all by himself!  And yes. I know. No clothes. I said I'd never do it.  But surgery rehab had left me a mangled mass of wimpy mom and plus, he had eaten 4 popsicles outside and thus needed clean clothes. 

No comments: