Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Swim

So, if you know me at all, you probably are aware that I can't swim and am actually pretty afraid of the water. Yes. I've tried to learn and, well, ask Steven....it's pretty tragic! But, I do want Tate to know how to swim and to not be afraid. And while it made me extra nervous, I relented and let Steven take him swimming in the pool at his parent's house. Tate liked it all right I guess. The sun was really bright and so he did a lot of scrunching his eyes. He didn't care much for being splashed but who does like to get splashed. (Steven was not the one doing that by the way!) He lasted about 30 minutes and was ready to get out. He got right out and came to sit with me and then we dried him off a little and he played on the deck a few minutes and then we went in. Over all it was a fun time!



Just motorin' around the pool....taking it pretty slow at first.


Not too bad at first. Steven pulled him around in the float and he splashed his hands in the water once he got "warmed up." And, fyi, Steven and Brandy both were right by him in the one picture...it looks like he is all by himself. Not hardly!

Not so impressed with riding on Daddy's chest while he (Steven) swam on his back. Never cried but had some definite expressions of dislike (wonder where he gets that from ?!?!?!)

Gettig a little tired of this....

Sitting with Mama after the big swim event....

Now we're havin' fun!!! Nothin' like solid ground under your feet!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hey Sydnee! Just popped in to check out your blog- I can't believe how grown up Tate looks in these pictures!! He's like a little man running around!!